Mycoforum Albarracín 2021
Did you know that fungi provide most forest biodiversity and play an essential ecological role in the life of forests?
Not only that, but mushrooms can also generate multiple economic benefits for society and contribute to people’s health and well-being.
However, wild mushroom production faces threats such as climate change and uncontrolled harvesting. These risks are compounded by the lack of knowledge about the resource and its potential to generate multiple opportunities for rural development.
The Mycological Parks or Territories constitute an opportunity to organize all of the stakeholders interested in the mycological resource of a forest environment (owners, managers, collectors, mycotourists, local entrepreneurs) and connect them with the world of science, allowing them to participate in the generation of knowledge of the resource, necessary for managing and preserving our natural heritage.
Wednesday 3 Oct 2021
Welcome to the CIBR of Teruel.
Marta Barba, CIBR, Teruel.
Presentation of the evaluation process at the Center for Innovation in Rural Bioeconomy in Teruel.
- Alexis Guerin-Laguette, Secretary of the EMI Scientific Committee (online).
Fernando Martínez Peña, CITA, Aragon.
Presentation of the Albarracín Community Mycological Park.
- Pedro Polo Íñigo, Provincial Director of the Department of Agriculture, Livestock and the Environment of Teruel (Government of Aragon).
- Benito Lacasa, President of the Mycological Park of the Community of Albarracín.
Ricardo Forcadell, Qilex Soc. Coop. Teruel.
13: 00h-14: 00h.
Visit to the Albarracín Community Mycological Park.
Myco-gastronomic demonstration in a restaurant specialized in mycology in the area of the Albarracín Community Mycological Park. Michelin star chef: María José Meda, El Batán Restaurant (Tramacastilla).
Completion of the Evaluation process with the Committee of Experts in Tramacastilla (Teruel).
Alexis Guerin-Laguette. Secretary of the EMI Scientific Committee.
Committee of experts:
- Franck Richard, CEFE-CNRS, Montpellier, France.
Joseph Hoffman, Bielefeld University, Germany.
José Antonio Bonet, CTFC-University of Lleida.
Mari Paz Martín, RJB-CSIC, Madrid.
Pablo de Frutos Madrazo, University of Valladolid.
Ulf Büntgen, Cambridge University, UK.
Xavier Parladé, IRTA, Barcelona.
Sergio de Miguel, CTFC-University of Lleida.
Sébastien Diette, Mycea, Montpellier, France.
- Joaquín Latorre Minguell, European Mycological Institute (EMI).
Thursday 4 Nov 2021 | Place: Albarracín Town Hall
Welcome and presentation of the day.
Climate change and fungi: evidence, consequences and adaptation. Ulf Büntgen, University of Cambridge, UK.
Effect of forest and mycological management on fungal diversity and productivity of Boletus edulis. Case study in Pinar Grande (Soria). Xavier Parladé, IRTA, Barcelona.
- From data to scientific information: influence of forest management and climate change on fungal production. Sergio de Miguel, CTFC -University of Lleida.
- Genomic analysis of dispersal and adaptation in Boletus edulis fungi: Joseph Hoffman , Bielefeld University, Germany.
- Current state of the mycological parks of Castilla y León. Álvaro Picardo Nieto , Junta de Castilla y León.
- The Association of Mycological Parks of Aragon (MicoAragón). Benito Lacasa and Rubén Escribano , MicoAragón
The Kamouraska Mycological Park (Québec, Canada). Pascale Malenfant, MRC of Kamouraska, Québec, Canada (online).
- Mycological management project in Le Vigan, Occitania region (France). Franck richard, CEFE-CNRS, Montpellier, France.
- Evaluation of the Albarracín Community Mycological Park according to Fungi Friendly Forests criteria. Alexis Guerin-Laguette, Secretary EMI Scientific Committee (online).
Press conference. Representatives of the Government of Aragon, the Provincial Council of Teruel and the Community of Albarracín.
- Mycological societies: their role in the generation and transmission of knowledge. Mari Paz Martin , RJB-CSIC, Madrid.
- Citizen science and mycology. Joaquin Guinea Lopez , Innovatec, Madrid.
- The FECYT INTERFUNGI Project “Network of intergenerational observers of the fungi kingdom”.
- Fernando Martínez Peña, CITA, Aragon.
- Francisco Sanz Garcia, Ibercivis Foundation.
- Rubén Escribano , CITA Aragon.
Visit to the Mycological Park and development of INTERFUNGI App for data collection with Mycological Associations of Aragón and MicoAragón Expert Panel.
- Gonzalo Castillo, Albarracín Community Mycological Park.
- Ruben Escribano, APPOINTMENT Aragon.
- Ricardo Forcadell, Qilex Soc Coop.
- Francisco Sanz, Ibercivis